Thursday, October 16, 2014

Fire Frank Beamer, AKA, How LUCKY Are We

Is it just me, or do the Baby Blue Blankie camo helmets look like fluffy clouds against pretty blue skies?  That's super-hard core helmet decor, man.  Super.  Hard.  Core.



Wow, was that a lame game, or what?  Lame helmets.  Lame stats.  Even my notes were lame.  Speaking of lame:

- Maddy is out 2-4 weeks with a torn meniscus
- Facyson is out the rest of the season with a leg injury
- Spuds has a torn ACL, out for the rest of the season
- Edmunds is out 6-8 weeks with a broken clavicle
- Williams sprained his ankle playing the Fluffy Clouds and will not play tonight

What's up with all the injuries?  I, of course, assume what I've always assumed (since hearing from a former player that Beamer babies the players during practices and treats them like they don't NEED to practice):

THEY ARE GETTING HURT BECAUSE THEY AREN'T PROPERLY PREPARING FOR GAMES!

If the above isn't true, then I suppose that we've just got really horrible luck.  Horrible, horrible "luck".  And if THAT is true, then I guess Stiney had horrible "luck", and Bud just has good "luck" with his Defense, etc., etc., etc...

You get the idea.  In the spirit of full disclosure, I want to let you know that I just googled "fire Frank Beamer", and to my dismay, there is no site with this name.  Instead, it goes straight to http://www.beamerball.com/free/index.htm, which is sorta disturbing.  Did he really have to purchase that website name in order to stop websites like those that asked for the dismissal of Stiney? I call for an all out B.S.C. REVOLT!  Who is ready to start a fire Beamer blog???  You?


Someone will do it.  I have faith.

"Luckily", during the lame game they showed this beautiful stat that the Hobbit had 9 TDs and 10 INTs.  To make sure that we didn't lose this badge of honor, the Hobbit now has 10 TDs and 11 INTs going into tonight's game.  Super.  Awesome-sauce.

For the record, he had 0 INTs at Texas Tech.  Lucky us.


In unrelated news, I am searching for a picture of Bucky Hodges' tattoos.  Stay tuned.

I am pretty excited tonight, just for the mere fact that The Worldwide Loser in Sports has to endure this Thursday night prime time game with two unranked - admittedly crappy - ACC teams.  HILARIOUS!  Take that and shove it in your pie hole, Lou Holtz.

I know, I know, Thursday night games should pump me up.  It's just hard, you know, getting super excited this season.  I am excited that I can have a drink tonight, because, everyone knows that Thursday night is the official start to the weekend.  I am also excited to see a lot of Samwise tonight, because, well, we have no other choices.  I am also excited that sPITTle isn't too hot this year, so we've got a good shot to win another match of Mediocrity Bragging Rights tonight.  I'm sure there's a home somewhere in the world where this game makes a difference.  Somewhere.  Out.  There.


I could play that on the ol' keyboard back in the day.  It was the keyboard jam in our house in the '80s.  More awesome-sauce.

sPITTle is on a 3-game losing streak.  I really do hope we can make it 4.  They lost to UVA, fer cryin' in the mud!  They did beat Boston College earlier in the season... so that's a tad scary.

If the hobbits show up to play, and our TDs are greater than our INTs, then we have a good chance of winning this one, with some LUCK.  Anything can happen this year, though, so I'm just going to depend on vodka, my old dependable friend, to see me through.

Love to get some good game notes this week,
The B.S.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment