Saturday, September 10, 2016

What If It's You?

Dear Bud,

I know that you were surprised when you saw that I had written. It's been a while.

It wasn't you, it was me.

I couldn't take it anymore. On again, off again... it was an emotional roller coaster. And all the different people! Some I can't even name.

I felt like you were picking up random people off the street - just because you liked how tall they were, or what college they came from. It was disgusting.

I know that you've really tried to change over the past year - and now you're with that guy from Memphis. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that. Couldn't you just be alone?

I forgive you now, that's all that you need to know.

I watched you last weekend, one eye open, and was a little frightened at first. By the end, though, I was OK. That's when I decided to write.

Don't get too excited... let's just see where this goes.

Love always,
The B.S.C.

P.S. Give 'em hell, Bud. Give 'em hell.


Why, heeeellllllllllooooooooooo... fancy seeing you here!

I have to say that I'm a little conflicted. We got to say good-bye to Beamer, but our boy didn't get the nod. Now we have some dude that actually played arena football. I haven't decided if that is badass or pathetic.

What if Bud is our only man? What if it's you, Bud? What if it's you?

Let me pull myself together.

I'm sorry to say that I'm not at Bristol. I'll be riding this one out on my couch with my own liquor and my trusty notebook. I may possibly weep. Who knows?

The game against the confused eagle-flames was a little scary last week. The e-f's had a plan to take God's Gift out of the game, and it basically worked. Ford stepped up, though, so at least we got to see what he could do. I'm glad to see Evans at QB - so we'll see how tonight goes.

Bristol is going to be crazy. Tennessee barely beat App State last week in overtime, but they are still ranked 17th in the nation. [Insert anxiety.]

I know we don't have Beamer, but you KNOW how we do against ranked opponents. YOU KNOW!

I can't say much negative stuff about Tennessee. They like orange, I like orange. They like volunteers, I like volunteers. I'm sure I'll find something to hate by next week, so don't worry.

I don't know if I can say I'm excited. I am hesitantly optimistic for this season. I'm glad we aren't ranked, but I also have no idea what to expect.

I hope you are out there representing tonight. I've been to Bristol for a race and it's an awesome venue. Break out your keys, paint your face, and lose your voice. And wear maroon, for God's sake.

We need you.

Let's go.


I'm off to turn on the WWLS to remind myself of how much I hate them... and Herbie. I really hate Herbie. I hate you, GameDay.

Peace and NASCAR grease.

Love,

The B.S.C.

P.S. I must admit that for once, I do kinda like the helmets for this game. If they are matte, though, all bets are off. Our season will be cursed.

No comments:

Post a Comment