Saturday, September 20, 2014

Crap-tastically Late and Definitely Snotty

So this puppy is late, and for that I apologize.  I would like to list out all my great reasons for having this crap-tastically late post:

1. My better half was out of town most of this week in the land of "the other lobster rolls", aka, Connecticut.
2. Elementary school germs. Three snotty kids. Sick B.S.C..
3. I am literally writing this on my phone on 95, heading to the land of "no lobster rolls", aka, Disney World.
4.  Note packing for number 3 above with number 1 and 2 above.
5. Oh yeah, and we lost to That People Team.

I will admit that I couldn't make myself watch the game last week. I had it taped but then someone told me the outcome (thanks, jerk). Combine 1 and 2 and 4 above... and well, it just wasn't going to happen.  At least we aren't ranked now. The roller coaster is back down the hill, and we can all go back to our normal cynical selves. Yeah, yeah, I admit, it's much easier for me to be snarky than all believe-y, like last week. Thank you for restoring the norm, That Purple Team.

You can still shove my cynicism in your pie holes, Worldwide Boozer in Sports.

I just couldn't let the week go by without a comment on the Triple Crown, Point Spread, Option. I wonder what magnificent word the ESPN noon crowd will call that - which is basically high school football - today.

Bud has this game. He's been dreaming of this crap for months, and after feverishly chewing 12 packs of Big Red last Saturday, he's amped and ready.

Being insensitive to endangered species everywhere, we will of course only refer to Georgia
Tech as That High School Team.

Other than Bud, the key to beating That High School Team is simple: score 39 points.  They've won all three of their games this year, scoring exactly 38 points in each.

No score 38, no win.

OK, writing on my phone is getting old. Don't hold your breath for next week, but I'll try to check in.

Go hobbits!

Love glorious rest stops all over 95 South,
The B.S.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment