Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Insanity Plea

I see how this is going to be.  I say, "let's lose".  And we win.  Yep.  Awesome.

What is wrong with us?  I mean, seriously, what is wrong with us??  We are CELEBRATING the fact that we were down by 20 points to DUKE and then managed to come back and win.  Really?  Is that something that should be celebrated???  If I were Beamer, I'd be so disgusted at this point that I wouldn't even show up for games or practices anymore.  I'd hand the team over to Stiney and tell him that the rest of the season was all on him.  Then again, if I were Beamer, we wouldn't be 4-3 at this point in the season.

I refuse to post more than once a week until we resemble a football team again.  So, from here on out, you get only get one a week unless Beamer can get his act together.

Why so much hating on Beamer this week?  I can't handle the "celebration" over the win against The Goatees.  It's like being the first team to set a record for sucking the most.  Being down to a basketball school 20 to nothing is not something for the record books.  Yet Beamer claims that this was a "great win" for us.  Oh really?  Is this how we measure success now?  Is that why we set off fireworks last year when we lost to Clemson?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.  Beamer.  Stiney.  Foster.  Weaves.

If The Goatees looked like Alabama for the first 12 minutes of the game last week, then expect Alabama full force for 60 minutes of painfulness this week.  Dabo Swinney is from 'Bama, remember?  And, oh yeah... he crushed us not once, but TWICE last year.  This game is going to hurt.

I met a former Tech football player last week who told me something interesting.  Just as I had started to believe that perhaps Beamer is the problem, he told me about his experience during practice... and HOW IT STILL IS down there in Blacksburg.  He said that guys would tell him to "calm down" and "take it easy" during practice, and the coaches never pushed the issue.  WOW.

I had been secretly hoping that I wasn't right about the way our program seemed to be operating this season, but that says a lot.  I'm actually pretty depressed by this.  So it goes.

When I say we're going to lose this week, I mean that we're going to lose.  I don't mean that we'll set a school record for sucking and then not sucking so much in one game, I mean that Tajh Boyd is going to destroy our D.  Where did you go, Bud?  Where's the fury?  Where are the neck and jaw muscles?  Boyd is going to put a hurting on our D like we haven't seen yet this year.

Our Center, Miller, is out for the season after sustaining an ankle injury during The Goatee game.  This is not good news for us on offense.  Picture an inexperienced Center standing in front of The Giraffe (with a glazed look in his eyes) - his head peaking above all the other mammals on the O-line, and his gaze fixed at a team that is ranked #14 in the nation, in Death Valley... all while listening to a former Clemson grad whisper plays in his helmet.  This game is going to make me hurl.  I just know it.

I almost have the notion that this game would be close in Lane Stadium if it was a Thursday night.  But sorry, folks, this one is right where Weaves wants it to be.  Poor, Clemson, they don't deserve our crappy noon kick-off.  I kinda feel sorry for them.  AND OH MY GOSH!  We get to actually watch this one on television!  Sweet!

Ahh, it's the little things that keep me going these days.  I am officially declaring our football program mentally incompetent.  That's my defense, and I'm sticking to it.

Just for giggles... I missed the jazz hands... poor, poor jazz hands.


Well, that's all for tonight.  Maybe I'm the unstable one.  Every time I hear Enter Sandman I feel confused and ashamed.  This year is bloody awful, as my high school English teach would say.  Pretty darn EGREGIOUS.  I don't know what else to talk about.  Tiger Rag?  The goofy costumes?  The "best entrance in college football"?  HA!

Let's just get this over with.

Love making quotation marks with my fingers,
The B.S.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment