Friday, September 25, 2015

Take THAT

Forget Jason, Freddy, and the dude from Saw (I thru XVIII).

You wanna be scared?  Be scared for tomorrow's game.

Let's think happy thoughts first.  Here are my notes from the Pumpkin Heads:

  • WWLS, RE: DJ Knox: "Don't judge his size, cuz he's a man."  He benches 400 pounds.  That's fantastic.  Didn't help much last week, did it?
  • WWLS: "Sun spangled".  Yeah, whatever that means.
  • WWLS: "Tech is so good at blocking kicks HISTORICALLY."  No s-word, Sherlock.  Why don't you just punch me in the gut?  Tell me something I DON'T KNOW.
  • Why was the field so beat up?  It looked like the last game of the season after a Taylor Swift concert.

  • The "BOILERMAKERS" name in the end zone was so large it made my head hurt.
  • Pound sign "BOILERUP".
  • Do they really have the World's Largest Drum?


  • Liars.
  • WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT US, WWLS STUDIO UPDATE PERSON?  IT'S NOT PLEASANT.  WHAT CAN YOU DO TO POSSIBLY MAKE ME HATE YOU MORE?
  • Oh wait... say, "Take that Virginia Tech!" ON AIR, when the Pumpkin Heads completed a 69-yard punt, leaving us at the 1.  That actually does make me hate you more.
  • McMillan, our tailback, was a QB in high school?  Why do we insist on changing everyone's position?
  • The maroon on our helmet was matte.  This is a disturbing trend, even in MLB.  It literally makes me want to vomit.
  • WWLS: "Secs."  Yes, "Secs."  You know, that just doesn't come across they way I think you want it to on live TV.  Stick to the whole word.  Unless, of course, you are a bunch of frat boys that feel the need to abbreviate everything to one syllable.  "Brah".  
  • I'm pretty sure they said that Burgess, the Pumpkin Head WR, is a 25-year-old freshman.  Uh huh.
  • Why in the world did WWLS feel the need to say Lawson's name 5,000 times?  And why is he our back-up?  I thought we were supposed to be excited about the Durkin kid we stole out of Ohio.
  • WWLS: "Stress reaction."  Not sure what that is, either.
  • Game highlights: Double reverse, Samwise to Townie.  Awesome.  Then the blocked punt by Terrell Edmunds, pound sign "BEAMERBALL".  
  • ... Take THAT, WWLS!
So, after such a strong showing last week, why be scared?  As reader Jennifer in NC describes it, ECU is essentially the WVU of North Carolina.  Yeah, bettcha didn't know that, did you?  Remember, they beat us last year AT HOME.  And, they beat us in 2008.  Unlike us, they are a team on the upswing.

Now, to be fair, the Pirates ARRRRGH coming off 2 losses to Navy and Florida.  I'm not buying it, though.  I think they are trying to lull us into thinking we can beat them.  You know how WVU is.  (Barf.)

Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium is sold out.  Though it's just a wee baby stadium at 50,000 seats, I think it'll be a pretty good crowd for the home team.  Our other problem is that if we shut down the run, they'll simply switch to the air.  Florida stuffed them at -13 rushing yards, but they still managed to get almost 350 in the air.  St. Bud is going to have to be prepared for this one.

Let's just keep doing what we've been doing - drink heavily and see what happens.  It's really more fun that way.

Townie has been OK; I'm much happier watching him than The Hobbit.  

I wonder, do the Peg Legs also burn couches?


I am really starting to get tired of purple.  

Love TYPING IN ALL CAPS SO I CAN YELL AT YOU (AND WWLS),

The B.S.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment