Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I Hate the BCS

I know.  It's Tuesday.  But I am still mad over the stupid BCS rankings.  Still incredibly mad.  Seriously?  We blow out the #24 team in the country (yes, yes, in some polls), and who does Stanford beat?  Notre Dame.  Notre Dame was #22 in the BCS and AP, and #24 in USA Today.  Michigan State is the best team Notre Dame has played all year, yet somehow they are in the top 25.  I honestly don't know who I hate more at the moment: Stanford or Notre Dame.

Why is Notre Dame so flippin' important?  They haven't been worth squat anytime in my memory.  Why do they get so much respect?  You know, we've earned respect. Beamer has been building our program for 25 years!  25 long, grueling years.  And what do we get for it?  Zilch.  We beat our ranked in-state rival and Stanford jumps over us in the polls.  You've got to be kidding me.

And we didn't just beat the Boo Hoos.  Stanford just "beat" ND 28-14.  We kicked ass and we took names!  Not that I would ever consider Hoo-ville to have any sort of home-field advantage, but we held them to a big, fat GOOSE EGG.  Can you tell I'm a little peeved?

Bud was a beast.  I mean, really... a beast.  Think of all the new starters on D, all the young kids, and they didn't score a point.  Not one.  I know, I know.  They could have kicked a field goal or two.  But hey, that's London's choice.  Not our problem that the man thought he could wage an upset over the Giraffe.  Over Bud.  Over Beamer.  Apparently, he hasn't realized exactly what team he's coaching yet.

We stand 6th in the AP, still 5th in the BCS, and 4th in USA Today.  BCS bastards.  You know why we got leap-frogged?  Andrew Luck.  Could we beat him?  Yes.  I really hope there's some sort of shake-up in the top 4.  If we could meet Stanford in a bowl game, that would be awesome.  Right now we're slated to play the Hillbillies in the Orange bowl.  I think we could do a little better than that.

Did you see how scary-good we are?  This is exciting.  Next year is going to be awesome. 

Dear David Wilson,
Do not (I repeat: DO NOT) go into the NFL draft early.  Do you see how well that worked for Evans and Williams?  Play your 4 years and then leave.  We will love you forever if you can do that for us.

Well, that's about all I have to say through the anger.  Seeing a Hoo in body paint is just odd, isn't it?  Their feeble attempt to look like real college football fans was destroyed by the sea of khakis and collared shirts in the stands.  Good thing we taught ol' TJ how to dress.  We're off to show Clemson just how different we are since the last time we saw them.  I'm pretty sure we'll show them how pissed that loss made us, even though we've become a better team because of it.

Love hating Andrew Luck and Notre Dame,
The B.S.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment