Saturday, November 2, 2013

Oops

I think my words were, "I think we'll win it."  Then something about prepping cannonballs because of Cody Journell...  Yeah, how stupid, right?  Silly.  Silly.  B.S.C.

For some reason I thought that we had gotten to that point in the year, like so many other years, where we had figured out how to win a game by depending on our D and our kicking game.  I sorta FORGOT, thanks to my killer short-term memory, that we DON'T have a kicking game.  Depending on Journell to get us through a game = ridiculous.  Again, why would we ever recruit a kicker?  AND, furthermore, there should be no field goal line for Journell on the TV.  He has no range - thus, a line is completely asinine.  AND, Lord help us if they stick the ball on a right or left hash mark.  Did I mention he missed TWO field goals?

Oh... and Duke coming back the week before us and scoring 35 unanswered points against the BooHoos?  That should have probably been factored in, too.

So it goes.

Oh, and yes... we dropped out of the rankings.  Where we belong.

Oh, and Florida State is #3, The Delinquents are #7, and Clemson is #8.  Yep.

At least this group of commentators stayed consistent with the computer graphic all game - 6'6", 254... although, there was an "almost 260" mixed in once.  C'mon Giraffe, gain a little to make the announcers happy.  They REALLY want you to be at 260.

The Goatees were going the route of MD with their ugly unis and helmets.  Matte black with shiny blue stripes... just gorgeous.  They looked like chalkboards - which would honestly be pretty cool.  I called the idea first!  I'm sure MD will use it sometime in the near future.  I wonder if the "6th year Senior" picked them out?  I swear they said that #94 on the Goatees was just that, but I have yet to find an official record confirming it.  Exactly, how does that work?

So much was against us to even start the game.  Big Fuller was out from normal play with a groin injury and only appeared on special teams.  JR Collins did something stupid and was out for violating team rules.  We got to see Exum again, which was nice.  I had kinda forgotten about him.  Apparently he tore an ACL in January playing basketball.

I think Stiney had a talk with Loeffler this week about how to improve our Offense.  Here's a summary of Loeffler's notes:

- Design runs for The Giraffe all the time, more than the running backs.
- Don't run The Giraffe on say, 4th and inches.  In that case, run Edmunds.
- Don't worry about designing any other plays.

The Giraffe had 4 INTs.  Yes, FOUR.

Baby Fuller was BEAST - 3 INTs on the day, tying him with Hosley's record from 2010.  He wasn't even in his normal nickel position.  He had just a week to learn the boundary corner spot - and I'd venture to say he did pretty well.  Maybe Bud will leave him there.  Oh, and he was named the ACC's Defensive Back of the Week.  BEAST, I say. BEAST.



Oh, and a little side note: we last wore the hideous orange on orange uni combo, with maroon helmets, 19 years ago during a loss to The BooHoos at home.  Why would we want to revive something so tainted?

I wouldn't go so far as the announcers to say that this was a signature win for The Goatees.  I mean, we were over-ranked and, well, we obviously suck.  I wouldn't be too proud to beat us this season.  But hey, good for The Facial Hairs.  We deserved it.  This is what I honestly expect from us every week this season.

I suppose I'm done poo-poo-ing last week.  I'm disgusted by my optimism from last week.  So it goes.  Again.

In just a couple short hours, we play The Doug Flutie's.  Just in case they forget, here ya go:


Wow.  I really miss those short shirts.  I wonder if the guys used to get belly button rings?

I'm sure ABC is wishing that they hadn't gone for this one.  We are coming off a loss to some NC prep school that barely has a football team, and The Doug Fluties are 3-4 on the year.  BUT, I will say that The DFs have had pretty decent games against FSU and Clemson.  The other two losses were to USC, which is understandable, and the other prep school down in NC known for it's manly colors, UNC.

I'm going with a loss here.  We don't have the benefit of Lane Stadium and The DFs seem to have a pretty balanced air and ground game.  Bud can only do so much.  And... we all know what The Giraffe is capable of.

I recommend setting your DVR for this one and enjoying it with some sort of beverage later today.  You aren't going to want to watch this one live.

I've decided that we may need a little something extra to get us through the week.  Use this video generously, whenever you need it:


Love rubber legs,
The B.S.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment