Monday, September 10, 2012

Beamerball and The Rose Ceremony, Eh?

Maybe I was hearing an EVP on the fuzzy Madden 1988 reception via ESPN3 on Saturday, but I could have sworn that one of the announcers was introduced as a "former Marshall quarterback".  Umm... what game were we watching?  Exactly where did Marshall come into play?  This, like our Offensive line at times, baffles me.

Dear ESPN,

Hey!  The B.S.C. here.  It's been a while since we've chatted, and I just thought that you would appreciate some good feedback so far on the season.  Well, thanks for putting a top 15 team on Al Gore's amazing Internet.  That was pretty awesome, thanks.  I especially like the use of old Marshall QBs as announcers.  You know, I bet Druckenmiller would like the gig.  Or maybe Bryan Randall.  Or, I don't know... Bruce Smith?  Can you maybe find one successful Hokie to cover... THE HOKIES???  Just a thought.  You know, on another note, does your college football reporting center around a Hoser?  I mean, I can't take Jesse Palmer seriously.  Any man, or woman for that matter, who has been through a rose ceremony should not be allowed to talk about football.  Period.

Always a hater,

The B.S.C.

Speaking of hosers...

Funny, yes.  Football commentators, eh?  No.

Another comment that spewed across Al Gore's amazing Internet was the phrase: "one of the best in college football."  Were they talking about Beamer?  Nope.  Stiney?  Hahahaha.  Bud Foster?  Should have been.  The Giraffe?  Yes.  I mean, come on people!  I love me some Giraffe, I really do.  Has he earned his hip hop name yet?  No.  Can he do it this season?  Absolutely.  Is he one of the best right now?  Umm... I think we should refer to an expert for this.  Jesse??  Jesse Palmer?  Where are you?

Ohh, there you are!  Nevermind.

So we fumbled on our first play... which, was pretty ironic.  I just compared poor Coleman to David Wilson, and then he shared the same fate as poor David Wilson (minus the crying, I hope).  Then our first TD came thanks to a great return by Kyshoen Jarrett.  And then, I fell asleep.  Seriously?  We can't do any better against the Associated Press?

When I woke up from my slumber, there were ramblings of Beamerball on the fuzzy screen.  Beamerball... Beamerball... should this ring a bell?  What is this, Beamerball?

Oh yeah.  That's what we are supposed to be all about, right, even though I don't even feel like looking up when our last blocked kick was.  Remember the good old days when Keion Carpenter would block like 2 kicks every game?  That was Beamerball.  Now I cringe when I hear it.  We're more likely to rough the kicker than to actually block a kick.  But, OK, I'll drink the kool-aid again if Beamer can do it about 6 more times this season.  And, props to Tony Gregory for coming off his injury to be the bad-a$$ who blocked the punt.

Holmes scored 2 TDs, which is reassuring.  I think we are in store for a decent running season, between him and little DW.  That is, of course, assuming that the O-line can do something simple: block well enough to let a Giraffe fall forward on 4th and 1 and get a first down.  Since they can't consistently do that, I may not be that reassured.

So, somehow beating the Guv'nahs moved us up to 13 in the polls.  This is not a warm and fuzzy place.  I'm starting to get scared.

Dear Weaves,

I noticed the other day that the big cup I brought home from the Gah game has fireworks on it.  I'm all for the constant fireworks, though, I have always felt that the cannon was enough.  BUT, I think THESE particular fireworks look a little ODD.  They better not be THE fireworks that I'm thinking of.  If they ARE, you should be fired.  Like a basketball coach.  Like something Donald Trump would say.  If they AREN'T THE fireworks in question, then, well, why such a stupid cup?  Give me a player.  A coach.  The Hokie Bird.  I will cherish my Danny Coale cup forever.  Give me something else to cherish.

No love,

The B.S.C.

That's pretty much it for this week.  Madden/Al Gore didn't give me too much to discuss.  I guess I'm keeping the FedEx tickets for now.  This season scares me.  Does it scare you?  It should.

Love my 22 Hokie t-shirts and 6 hoodies hanging in my closet,

The B.S.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment